Re: What then must we do?

On 5 Feb 2004, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> But do I want the government involved?  Hell no.  Consumers should put
> their money elsewhere than Dell, they _could_ have stood up to Microsoft
> with Intel's backing.  Dell has Intel in its corner more than anyone
> else.

Where do you suggest then?  If not Dell, then who?  The former compaq was
always worse than Dell when it came doing proprietary things.  HP looks to
be falling into the same trap, nevermind never seeing / hearing about any
sort of impressive HP hardware (at least that which is x86).  I could
almost buy supermicro (and have in the past) but in the end they don't
offer the support Dell can offer if needed (at least in my environment).
IBM maybe, but they're not the first that comes to mind for department
server purchases, nevermind the desktop.

So where *should* I be putting my money if not Dell?

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's