Re: SSL Server Certificate

Greetings,

Thanks!  I'm exploring new territory, here, so
I'm not sure if my reasoning is entirely correct.

This is not for commercial use.  I use Perl CGI
scripts to display genomic research data for
access by other research institutions.

One of these Perl script systems sets configurations
by an "admin" sign-in on a web page.  It just
seems to me that any time passwords are used,
they should be secure.

Also, I am thinking about having a Perl CGI
development area where I might want to be the
only person who can sign on.

Frankly, right now I wouldn't care about the
certificate warning screen for a development area.
That might work in my favor by discouraging
people who shouldn't be trying to sign on,
anyway.

However, for the general data display area
this would not be appropriate.  This area
would not have to be on a secure server,
though.

--Chet