Re: I hate Linux -- Apple is leading the standards charge on the

Supposedly a Mac Plus-- there was an early '90s article(s) on it-- can't
prove it-- yeah, it doesn't sound right, but how many components are in a
Mac Plus?

PCI was thoroughly in place by '95, '93 actually-- I was using one.  I'm
all but completely certain that a Pentium *has* to connect to a PCI
Northbridge (thus a PCI system), no exceptions-- if it's a Pentium, it's
PCI.  I know that Apple had use an Endian flipping chip to put a PowerPC
on an Intel Northbridge, so I'd say Apple came after.  I know one of the
attractive things to Apple was cheap PCI video cards.

Yup, I agree about Steve Jobs.

I noticed the Super Computer status as well-- those supposedly have a 1GHz
Front Side Bus compared to a max of 533MHz from Intel and probably the
fastest FPU out there-- they should crunch and move the result very well.
But often do you run a mostly floating point application? (games will hand
that off to the video card)  I'll go read about the results before I say
any more though.