Re: considering covad

At 06:10 PM 1/27/2004, you wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, L. V. Lammert wrote:
>
> > There's no logical reason to quote a single B channel - you can't get
> > 128Kbps over ONE ISDN circuit, - that was the confusion. If you want 24/7
> > ISDN, you will have to pay the ILEC about $90/month for the line, and
> > $30-$50/month for the port. Thought that was what I had said ths
> morning <g>?
>
>An ISDN circuit has 2 channels, each channel 64Kbps.  I have 2 ISDN
>circuits, 4 B channels, 256Kbps total, $92.

Hi Kara,

Could we please simplify matters? It is of no use to anyone to discuss
pricing on TWO ISDN lines, .. please, let's only compare costs on ONE line.
That is what somebody would be ordering, .. that fact that you have two is
confusing, *especially* when a normal ISDN line comes with two bearer channels.

If you're getting ONE ISDN line, 2B+D, for $45/month, you are getting it
for about half the rate that SWBell quotes in Missouri, for some reason or
another. It would be interesting to know if new service in your area would
be quoted the same rate.

         Lee