Re: SUN's Project Looking Glass

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 01:54:29PM -0600, Gary wrote:
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
>
> Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
>
> This looks really cool. Seriously, seriously cool.  :-)

I'm still trying to figure out if it looks cool or, well, stupid.
(Not stupid in a M$ Bob kind of way, more in the
vast-majority-of-E-themes kind of way.)  I can say that it looks like
it would *seriously* suck CPU to implement most of that, or at least
require hardware OpenGL and everything layered on top of that.  (The
freedesktop people have talked about that sort of thing.)

> Low bandwidth plays best.

The high bandwidth one worked fine for me.  8-)