Re: Credit card processing vendors, recomendations.

At 12:12 PM 1/23/2004, you wrote:

>With SprintPCS phones with their Internet Service, our phones are
>compatible with a cable that allows
>us to use the internet from our laptop, without buying the expensive
>PCMCIA card service.

Verizon's service works great also - 1.4 Kbps, no charges other than
minutes. The only downside is that you would have to workout the
configuration dial the connection when needed (would depend on the s/w).

FYAI - I tried Verizon's high speed service last year ($80/mo) - it's OK
for downloading web pages, but for something like an ssh connection it's
absolutely PITIFUL! Sure, you can get 50Kbps for a few seconds, but you
might then wait up to a minute or MORE for your next time 'allocation'
(though in their defense I have only tried from one location).

BTW - Thanks, Kara, for the pionter to Echo - seems like a pretty fair
deal! Have you used them before?

         Lee