Re: Credit card processing vendors, recomendations.

At 09:38 AM 1/23/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>Just wondering if anyone on the list has any experience with accepting credit
>cards online?
>I need to get this rolling, but the choices are overwhelming.
>I have found some with low/no setup fees, decent discount rates (the rate you
>are charged for accepting CC's) and some good reviews, but there is still a
>$200us charge for a 'Secure Gateway License'.
>Sounds like an SSL Cert to me, but I haven't found out for sure.

Confirmed.

>For right now I would like to go through a third party and let them worry
>about security and processing, maybe in the fututure I will look into colo
>and my own CC processing, but I need the easiest/quickest solution for now.
>So if anyone has a favorite CC vendor/merchant account or any horror stories
>I'm all ears.

Hi Matt,

We process for our customers - flat 7% off the top (charges are posted
through our OmniShops subsidiary). Technically we have to be involved in
fullfilment process to satisify the CC companies, but we can work with you
on meeting requirement.

For that, you would get an order page on the secure server, and email order
forwarding of orders after we post the charge and subtract the number from
the email (for security reasons). That's a lot simpler than dealing with
encrypting the info, which would be required if you posted the charges there.

         Lee