Re: new worm going around - results

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 19:00, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Ah, I missed that part.
> Oh, and FWIW, I finally have the rules right in majordomo2 to reject
> any Windows executable, so there shouldn't be anything getting through
> the lists.

Not that I run Windows and, even if I did, I would not practice
_professionally_negligence_ by running Outlook/IE (just like I was never
so and ran DOS-based Windows, when NT-based Windows existed), but
are you just testing file extension and/or MIME type, or are you
actually testing file magic (i.e. actual bytes of the file)?

> Next month, I'll have a virus scanner in front of all our
> mail (if all goes well), so not even the zipped things will get
> through then...

Now that Microsoft has bought the best and most cost effective
Linux-based Windows e-mail virus scanner on the market, what are you
going to be using?

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- Engineer, Technologist, School Teacher
b.j.smith@ieee.org