Re: stllinux.org

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 08:34:24PM -0600, Gary wrote:
> Hi Mike
>
> --On Wednesday, January 14, 2004 09:29:13 PM +0000
> mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>
> >Michael Procter wrote: What about MLUG?
> >
> >See what I mean. :=)
> >
> >And the question was someone wanted to start a LUG in Columbia, and
> >didn't have much response. At least that's what I could gather. I don't
> >know what steps were taken to "create" the new/hypothetical LUG, which is
> >why I thought it odd that the MLUG folks hadn't responded to the OP's
> >testing of the waters.
>

> Mike, I emailed the MLUG guys directly several months ago, never got a
> response. This was to "join" the MLUG group, and find out what was going
> on. I did this as I was moving to Jeff City. Since I received no response
> to my emails, I had no info on the MLUG group. Website contained old info,
> no meeting dates, etc.  So I was thinking about starting a Jeff City LUG,
> as I live here... Never entertained the idea of another in Columbia.
>
> >He then suggested founding a LUG in Jefferson City
> >as a "Plan B".
>
> No this was my plan A all along.

Sure, there are a couple of people who are pretty active on the lists
who live in Jeff and seem to be looking for opportunities to meet.  If
you haven't subscribed to the lists you should:

http://mlug.missouri.edu/lists.php

I don't think anyone would mind if you mentioned your plans on the
lists.

--
Michael Procter
mprocter@mlug.missouri.edu