Re: stllinux.org

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 01:57, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> I started hosting stllinux.org 4 years or so ago, before Matthew Feldt
> left town.  It recently moved to a UML server so that they could have
> more control (in other words do stuff without needing my help).  Maybe
> that was a mistake.

It was a mistake. They won't do anything. Heck it took them *six* years
to get their corporate status back. The only reason that got done was
because Robert Citek drove from St. Louis to Jefferson City, after he
was done with work. The point is why should you do anything for a do
nothing group? The answer is you should not.

> SLUUG has been made aware of the problem.  I simply don't have time to
> fix it, but I do want it fixed, and I'm getting impatient.  I don't
> want all of the people who attend meetings (which I assume are still
> going on and well-attended) to be inconvenienced indefinitely.

OK. If you own the domain then you take it back because the SLUUG people
are not going to do anything. Do you have anything to do with the
meetings or is that run by SLUUG? If it's run by SLUUG then my advice is
to let SLUUG sort it out. Just close down the website. If they don't
care then why should you?

--
			Kind regards,
			Jonathan