DRM - Control Freaks

Great article here on the BBC:

Excerpt:

"This revolution (sic DRM) is clearly not about people taking control,
as [Carly] Fiorina claimed - it is about the entertainment cartel
exerting even more control over what we, the people, can do with its
expensive and often over-rated products."

"It's about restricting our freedom to use digital content in ways that
fit with our lifestyles and choices. And it is about forcing us to pay
more, and repeatedly, for stuff that we want to watch or listen to. "

"It is also, crucially, about limiting our freedom to play with the
stuff we've bought. "