Linksys NIC

Hey all,
I think I remember (unfortunatly) hearing that Linksys network cards are not
Linux friendly (even though they share the first 3 letters). I've got an old
166 box that I would like to turn into a router for when I can finally
afford broadband access.  I've got Redhat 9 running on it,  without X
running, so it will just be old school command line.  The thing is it's got
a linksys card, and it cannot get a DHCP address, and when i set a static
address, it still cannot ping other PCs.

Anywho, If the problem is Linksys,  can anyone recommend an IDE NIC that I
can buy?  This box has a PCI and 2 IDE ports,  so I'd like to get two of the
same IDE NICs for this to be a router.

Thanks,
Ray