Re: modules.conf

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 00:19, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Or do you perhaps have an /etc/conf.modules?

Yep, that's the one. Big time frustration here. I am having trouble with
2 things. My cardbus ethernet card and the sound. The ethernet card is
pretty standard and uses the 8139too driver. The problem is that at each
reboot I have to go in and delete the card and the device (eth0) and
reinstall to bring it up.

/etc/modules.conf - alias eth0 8139too

Looking at dmesg, it appears to be attempting to load the 8139cp module
after it loads (sucessfully) the 8139too module. Where in the grand
scheme of rc.d lala land do I go to fix this?

Next, I need to get this thing to load the cs4232 module also.

rc.local -
rmmod cs4232
modprobe cs4232 (this supposedly deals with a hibernate/suspend problem)

/etc/modules.conf -
alias sound-slot-0 cs4232
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
options sound dmabuf=1
alias synth0 opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

There may be a typo or 2 there, on the laptop (which temporarily has no
connectivity) it was a simple cut and paste exercise, no typos. When I
run redhat-config-soundcard It tells me that no soundcards were detected
and I get the choice of OK.

That's it, I'm putting the ecks pee disk back in and forgetting about
this Leenooks crap ;-) Anyone?

/me pulls out hair by the roots
/me reminds fiction that his advice here isn't asked for or needed!