Configuring APT on Local Network

Fellow list members:

I have seen some related discussion on this list so I decided to  join
with the hope that someone could help.

I have been led to the apt program as the easiest method to update my RH
8 system with Rosegarden. Anyway, I have updated my system with the apt
and apt-devel rpm's.  I have replaced the files--sources.list and
apt.conf-- for my configuration. The command "apt-get update" produces:
[root@robo1 apt]# apt-get update
Err http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/8.0/en/i386 release
 Temporary failure resolving 'www-ccrma.stanford.edu'
Err http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/all/en/i386 release
 Temporary failure resolving 'www-ccrma.stanford.edu'
Err http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/8.0/en/i386/os pkglist
*
*
*
Failed to fetch
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/8.0/en/i386/base/release.planetccrma
Temporary failure resolving 'www-ccrma.stanford.edu'
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
W: Release files for some repositories could not be retrieved or
authenticated.
Such repositories are being ignored.
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

I am running the host (where apt is installed) on a local network with
another host on the network acting as a linux server (gateway) connected
to the Internet.  I have Internet connectivity from the local host using
Mozilla and  a proxy server .  My question is: Does the "apt.conf" file
need to be modified.  I am having problems interpreting the syntax from
"man atp.conf".  Could someone provide me with a reference on how to
reconfigure or some specific guidance.  As you can see, I know just
enough to be dangerous. Thanks for your assistance.