Google searches (was: Re: asc-gzip encoding)

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:59:55 -0600
 "Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
>No, I've never heard of Google _groups_. You're right, the script
<snip>
>How do you normally access the G/G search engine?

I normally go to www.google.com, type in my search phrase(s), and hit
enter (or press "Google Search" if I have javascript turned off).
 After I review the first page or two of hits, I may then go back to
the top of the page and click "Groups," which converts my web search to
a newsgroups search.  Just like the web search, you can add terms to
restrict "where" google searches.  The "site:sitename.dom" term
restricts your web search to a particular site (especially helpful for
people who support M$ installations :-( ), and the "group:group.name"
restricts your groups search to a particular newgroup or branch (nice
when searching for programming help).

In addition to groups, google also searches Images (be careful to use
"safe search" while at work) and news (as in headlines), and has a
"directory" just like any other search engine.  Googles directory is (I
believe, correct me if I'm wrong) based off of DMOZ, the free
human-edited directory.

My preferences, when using google, are English tool tips and help,
English language hits only, Moderate Safe Search, 50 hits per page, and
Open links in new window.  You can feel free to choose your display
language, and the choices include Klingon and "Bork, bork, bork!" among
others.  Hmmm... wonder if Nate uses German as his display language...

> Can it be added to Mozilla's Search sidebar?

Sorry, don't have any idea...

>--Doc

William
--