Re: request

Hello Stephen,

S> Can anyone suggest a book or more preferably a website that will help me
S> get a mail server up and running on FC1.

yes, see below.

S> Either postfix or qmail, although I hear qmail can be quite daunting.
S> Actually make that postfix only.

well. ............

Just my personal preference, but I switched from Postfix to qmail a few
years ago, and have several servers running with it in Linux and FreeBSD.
It is easier to set up than Postfix, especially if you are routing SMTP,
or have many domains to deal with. It is very modular, extremely fast, and
has never had a security breach. It just works well, and can work
wonderfully on a smaller machine, P133, PII, or PIII. Yahoo uses it, as
does Rediffmail with 22 million users.

If interested, just point to www.lifewithqmail.org

Follow the step-by-steps given there, and just copy the run scripts off
the web, (not in windows due to ^M end of line problems). Once you get the
hang of it, it is really easy. Dave Sill, a guru, has written the book,
"Life with qmail" and gets into the many things that you can do which are
not listed on his website.

--
Best regards,
Gary