Re: apt setup

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 16:19, Jason V Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 15:06, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> > 2. Would you mind posting an "Initial illustrative apt setup for the
> > compleat idiot (me)"?
> >
> > You may recall the last time I installed apt, I didn't know how
> > dangerous it was to include a lot of sources, and ended up scrambling my
> > RH7.3 setup. This time I want to be very conservative and take no
> > chances. My first objective is to bring up xine under FC1, and it looks
> > like apt is the best way to achieve that.
> >
> > --Doc
>
> Doc, Here's my line from  my /etc/apt/sources.list that allowed me to
> install xine, xmms-mp3, ogle and a bunch of other things.
>
> rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 core updates freshrpms

Jason,

Thanks very much. As it turns out, my sources.list file contained the
exact same rpm line as yours. After figuring out the required CLI
command is apt-get rather than apt, it was a short trip to 'update' and
'install xine'. Nine (!) rpm downloads later, xine was installed and
running. Very cool.

--Doc