Re: apt questions

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:49:21AM -0600, Koree A. Smith wrote:
> Is there a way to configure atp to ignore certain packages?  I've tried
> what seems to be the way to do so in the apt.conf, but it's not working.

In the RPM section of apt.conf, put something like this:

    Hold { "^package1$"; "^package2$"; };

> I'm wanting it to ignore mozilla and xmms, as it keeps erroring out on
> those because mozilla is a newer version than what RH9 wants to install,
> and xmms is a version that actually supports mp3

Install the xmms-mp3 package from freshrpms.net (or /pub/freshrpms on
our ftp server) or from ftp.livna.org.

I can't imagine why it would care about mozilla if you installed from
the rpms on ftp.mozilla.org.  Or is it a dependency thing?

> (yes, I know ogg rules, but I haven't had time to convert all of my
> mp3s yet - btw, anyone know of a good mass ogg encoding program?).

grip?