Re: Mandrake Linux

> I'm running Mandrake 9.1.  It's great.
> I installed Red Hat and cussed it for weeks.
> Mandrake holds my hand and I'll admit it, I need that.

Then you'll be pleased to hear that 9.2 is out.

You can get a BitTorrent link if you're a MandrakeClub member, and I'm hoping
the ISOs will be available shortly. I'll be making copies in the meantime...

Also, you might like Xandros even more, particularly if you like a
Debian-based distribution. The Deluxe version (with Codeweaver's Crossover
Office) is a decent value using the LUG discount. But 2.0 is just around the
corner, so you may want to hold up until then.

It's another all-around good performer with respect to the "Windows refugee" or
SOHO market, or someone who needs more "ease-of-use" than a RedHat, SuSE,
straight-up Debian, or Gentoo.

But MDK is a decent "middle ground" distro that's not as "Enterprise-Ready"
as say, RH and SuSE are shooting for. Although, props to YAST. :=)

Mike/