Re: Ghost-like software

The "dd" command is my favorite for that, even for drives with M$ on them.
I kicked out 125 identical drives once using that command in script on a
box full of scsi controllers.

To write a drive off to a file:
"dd if=/dev/hda of=destination_file"

To back up a drive to an identical one or larger:
"dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb"

Back up your boot sector:
"dd if=/dev/hda of=~/boot_sector bs=512 count=1"

Note that "dd" is often called "disk destroyer"; be careful what you write
to because you'll get it.  (Don't get the input/output arguments mixed up)

Enjoy,

Mike