LiteOn DVD burners

> > I toyed with the idea of purchasing one of Mr. Plextor's dvd players
> > simply for the thrill of learning how to make it all work.  (What WAS
> > the name of that Debian package that I installed?  It wasn't Ogle.
>
> We like LiteOn.  I can get you one for under $50.

What about a DVD+/-RW *burner*?

Are they also "combo" CDR/RW readers/burners as well?

Have we reached a point where reading and writing any media* can be done with a
single piece of hardware?

*any media =
** 120mm (4.75") and 80mm (3.1") sizes,
** CDR, CDRW, read and write, 1-52x speed
** DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, read and write, 1-?x speed?

How many simoleons does this wonderful thing cost (roughly) these days?

How close are the LiteOn offerings to this ideal?
i.e. maybe only Pioneer or Plextor offers such a beast.

BTW, my LiteOn 52x24x16 CDR burner (from KSPEI of course) is working great.
Never a bad burn so far. And that's with a pokey Althon/650 and Linux.

Mike/