Re: RH questions

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 10:30:11PM -0500 or thereabouts, john doe wrote:
> i dont feel abandoned at all, rh engineers are still going to be working on
> fedora, as well as the community.   personally i think this is a good
> thing. i just hope it ships with apt and has freshrpms as a repository.

I just don't feel comfortable now, (in the future) using RH on production
stuff... Fun to play with, yes, but not when I am responsible for a
setup/servers.. RH says their engineers will be coordinating, etc, but at
the same token, they are actively persuing outside help. Might as well go
Debian.. Out of all the distros I have used, Progeny was the fastest and
it was extremely stable...

> as for debian, even the *bsd guys give props to debian. (and i mean the
> hardcore ones, who think linux is a cute toy but not a real server grade
> system yet)

hee, hee... true... time to check it out. <g>

Thanks Casey for your input.

--
Gary