newbie is back

Hi all,

First, thanks to all who gave previous aid and comfort regarding my font
rendering problems. It turned out to be a browser issue.

But, now, I have recently signed on with neondsl.com...they were the
first to come to town...and I have basic service up and running. But all
is not smooth.....and Neon provides no Linux support. I'm running RedHat
8.0 and get these messages on each bootup:

"Can't look up address for adsl-sp6-cdale131 (this address, of course,
always changes with each bootup). This may prevent
Gnome from operating correctly. A possible solution may be to add (the
same changeable address) to /etc/hosts."

I'm sure that makes perfect sense to all of you but I try not to diddle
in the file system too much.....because I don't know what the hell I'm
doing.

I also loose the ability to print whenever I fire up with the dsl boot.
LPD can't locate localhost.localdomain. Lists the above changeable
address as "bad."

I'm almost sure all of this has to do with the dhcp but I just barely
know what that is.....and have no idea of what to do to configure it
properly.

I checked and dhcp was not among the automatically installed rpms with
my original RedHat configuration....so I installed it. No change.

The default configuration on the neondsl install created an ethernet
(eth0) connection thru my newly-installed card. Should I modify it or go
for an xdsl configuration?

All help appreciated and I thank you profusely in advance,
Leon