Re: OT: Circular Perl Modules? (fwd)

FYI.

Sean...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:19:58 -0500
From: Allison Randal <al@nospamforyou.net>
To: Sean The RIMBoy <sean@rimboy.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Circular Perl Modules? (fwd)

That's why Exporter doesn't 'use Carp' at the top. See "Programming
Perl" v.3  p.301

  "Just about the only reason to use 'require' is if you have two modules
  that each need a function from the other. (And we're not sure that's a
  good reason.)"

There's a bit of history behind this one:

It you look at the version distributed with 5.8, you'll notice that the
usage of Carp in Exporter has become more and more restricted over the
years:

  http://search.cpan.org/src/JHI/perl-5.8.0/lib/Exporter.pm

Allison