Re: Charter Cable modem people, i got a question

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:15:26 -0500 (CDT), Jack Browning wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Tim McDonough wrote:
>

>> You might ask to see what the limit is. I don't have Charter but
>> on our wireless DSL here in Springfield there is a 50 GB per
>> month limit on our 384KB service. The one time we went over the
>> monthly invoice came for the next higher tier of service.
>>

> Whew! 50GB at 384Kbps works out to something close to 300 hours of
> download time.
>
> That's motivated. :)

That's a teenager who used to have a file sharing program and didn't limit the
number of people who could connect to his machine at any one time. <yikes!>

Kudos to the management at Springnet, our provider. When I called trying to
figure out what had happened and we determined it was "outgoing" traffic they
waived the extra fee even though the transfer limits were very clear in the
user agreement.

By the way... "We" don't run any sort of file sharing programs any more
either.

Tim