Re: Microsoft: Insecure by design

What I find amusing about this article is that right next to the article is
an ad for M$ Server 2003, which is also vunerable to the blaster worm (out
of the box un-patched).  The ad also claims that you can "do more with less"
and even has a link to an "executive brief" to prove it.  Less what?
Security? The only organization I have run into that does "more with/for
less" is my church, which has a 'charity' open license program with M$.
Suprisingly, M$ charges 10% or less of their retail prices to non-profit,
charity organizations.  In my opinion, <10% should be the price for
*everyone*.  Windows XP for $18-$19 per seat?  SURE!!!! 25-user license for
W2K server for <$250 SURE!!!!  I know, it's still M$ with all its holes but
when you are dealing with user learning curve issues over linux, <10% of
retail looks pretty attractive.  "BTW, could you burn me a copy while you
are at it?" I ask of my church's IT guy.  Also, other software
"manufacturers" have stepped up to the plate and do the same thing such as
anti-virus companies.  I don't know what my church pays for enterprise and
desktop level antivirus solutions, but I do know it is pretty cheap.
Because of this, my church's network, which is about 20+ users, was *always*
protected from the blaster and sobig worms.  On the other hand, ADM, the
soybean and corn processing company that makes all of Decatur smell like a
dirty laundry hamper after it has sat full for about a year in humid
conditions, was hit hard with these two worms.

Here's an executive brief for ya:  Your software sucks and you are pricing
yourselves out of the business!