Wireless Help

Yeah, so, I'm having real trouble with Linux and wireless on my desktop
system.  I'm running Redhat 7.3.  7.3 did just fine on my laptop with an
Orinoco silver card.  I got a Ricoh PCI->PCMCIA adapter card, and tried to
go that route.  No luck.  Since I'm not a big fan of the PCMCIA adapter
cards, I tried to go another route.  I've tried the Linksys WUSB11 v2.6,
as well as the MA311 from Netgear.  Neither have worked.  wlan-ng and the
atmel drivers neither one will compile.  TONS of parse errors.  Partially
because it's looking for the linux header file "autoconf.h" which is hosed
for some reason on my system, and I don't know how to correctly get it
back..  Does anyone have a success story they'd like to share with me
about wireless on a desktop system?  I'm about to throw this piece of sh*t
out the window...

Koree