newbie needs help

Hi,

I hate to introduce myself with a problem, but I'm at a deadend. I have,
over the past year, been ever so s-l-o-w-l-y migrating from windows to
linux by way of a dual-boot machine. I've been so slow at it that I've
actually had the opportunity to upgrade from RedHat 7 to 8. And, now I'm
ready to permanently kill that windows switch.....but for font & display
issues.

I'm a hobby website builder and I have everything ready to move production
to the linux side....but for the video distortion and ugly fonts.
Everything displays clean and smooth as long as I'm pulling from my hard
drive but the minute I try to view one of my local web pages, or an
external web page, thru my browser (Mozilla, Opera, etc.), it gets real
ugly. All the fonts are drastically downsized and the whole page appears
smaller. Any display under linux, in fact, does not fill the available
screen width and height as displayed under windows.

I've checked my video card (ATI Rage 128) on the RedHat compatibility list
and RedHat says it's compatible. The website for my monitor (Optiquest Q71-
4) offers no help at all. And, I've been to all the major linux websites --
only to find that the volume of tech help and specs is completely
overwhelming and way beyond my newbie capabilities.

So here I am asking strangers for help......

Thanks,
Leon

--
Leon