Re: <humble>Help? Coyote router, USR Sportster 33.6 ISA

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:28:52 -0500
 "Doug Simmons" <dsimmons@lib.siu.edu> wrote:
>Um. If I disable the serial ports in the BIOS, then won't they be, um...
>disabled? Meaning, unable to be used by the modem?

Nope, it only pertains to onboard ports...  In fact, if you disable all the
onboard serial ports, you could add four "standard"-configured modems
internally...

>No mouse. The Coyote interface is text-only. I disabled the mouse, along
>with everything else I didn't need, in order to reduce the variables in
>tracking down the conflict that keeps the modem from dialing out.

Always a good idea....

William

--
William Underwood