Re: [DISCUSS] Re: Power Restored!

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> > Now, if anyone needs to replace any weak UPS batteries before the next
> > storm, I recommend Bell City Battery in Belleville.
>
> Or, you could call Carl at Battery Warehouse in St. Louis at 314 652-1444.
> :=) (For those following the UPS thread on SLUUG's DISCUSS)

And drive *all* the way to St Louis?  They drive like crazy there!  That
St. Louis is such a big city, I'd hate to get lost over there.  I mean,
Belleville actually has something that does not require driving to St.
Louis?  They must be getting big time since I left ;)

Note, for those playing along in the power outage(s), I think my
in-laws clocked in with at least 24 hours of no power in Swansea.  Of
course, it could still be out since we've not heard from them (I would
assume they'd send my wife an email when the power is back on).

Nashville (TN that is) had some damage from that same system, but
thankfully no outage at Casa de RIMBoy (you better believe I'd be on the
phone with Carl).  However, the evil tree in the backyard did an even
better number on my 2 meter J-pole, bending it a good 100 degrees (the
time before it bent it over about 10 degrees).  Same tree also lost enough
of a branch I'm going to have to have it cut down.  Thankfully, we were
spared, our neighbor lost their shed when the tree from another neighbor's
yard fell over the fence.

Hang in there.  We're just happy (fingers crossed) that we're not having
another week of tornado warnings like earlier in May.

Sean...

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a brick wall.
	--Paul Simon