rndc for named

I'm at a customer site at this time. It's been more than two years since I
last brought up a new DNS server on RedHat completely from scratch.  I've
got the zone files ported over from the old DNS server, and BIND v9.2.1
from RHEL/ES is installed and running.

I'm having trouble with the last step involving the rndc utility that's
supposed to set up the proper key (from /etc/rndc.key) in the
configuration file (/etc/rndc.conf).

Anybody done this recently and remember the secret handshake needed for
this to magically start working (like it did two years ago)?

--Doc