Re: Certification choices

Being a good coder and a good analyst can be two different things.  Most
of the time, however, they go hand-in-hand.Sometimes, not.

For example, in requirements-analysis, no programming skills are
necessary (and may be preferred that way).  Developing use-cases need no
formal programming background. In fact, some argue "technology" should
not even be a consideration at this point.  Let the requirements drive
the direction for the technology to be applied.

I am guessing this is why many of the H1B and Off-Shore developers have
such a hard time in this area.  Yes, they know how to code and can crank
out 10K lines/hour...but they have no discipline in managing projects or
gathering requirements and fail to be able to communicate with the
customer.

A trained monkey can write code and set up a network (maybe that's why I
like bananas) but it takes real investigative and social skills to be
able to decide what a customer really wants and then be able to get it
all down on paper so it can be turned over to a team of developers.

Well, I hope I have not wasted too much bandwidth on this subject. I
would be happy to discuss this further off-line.