OT: Dialup problem

hey gang, sorry if this is a double post.

I'm oncall this weekend and have a problem with trying
to use a dial up connection on my home phone line
which now has SBC ADSL service.

I connected the work laptop modem to the phone side of
the DLS filter and tried connecting via two toll free
RAS numbers. Both handshake, but only one connects.

Then the fun begins. I cannot browse past the home
page, nor can I access regular network services.

2nd test: Disconnected everything from the wall outlet
and tried again. No joy at all. (didn't think it would
work, but hey, I'm desperate)

3rd test: Called SBC Help and they confirm it's
probably something to do with the ADSL service and
that I should try and use a dial up to them and bypass
the RAS, but if I do that network connections I need
aren't established.

4th: Paged the BHB (this one's a winner) and he told
me to find a regular phone line.

Less camping out at work (1 hr away) anyone got any
idea what to do? I've been paging other areas to do my
work and it's not terribly popular to say the least.

Oh, yeah. Laptop is Win2000pro.

Bonnie

Oncall and unconnected. Sigh.