Re: OT: power supplies suck

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:16:58PM -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> That's how my PS tester works. It has a very high wattage ceramic
> resister in series with a green LED. Connect the tester to the ATX
> connector and plug in the power cord. Green light = good PS.

Heh.  I just soldered something together that completes a circuit
between the two connections so that school could have something to use
if an ATX PSU had problems.

Hey, tax dollars are paying for solder and $100 soldering irons from
Weller, so why should they go to waste? ;)

> Sure beats hauling out a voltmeter.

Come on.  A voltmeter isn't anything too spectacular to haul around.

--
Nathaniel Reindl
fiction&sdf;lonestar;org >> fiction&twu;net >>