Re: Certification choices

At 04:27 PM 5/22/2003, you wrote:

>Cisco CCNA
>Cisco CCNP

Pretty heavy, but good ROI. If you cannot work at a command line, however,
.. better get some good practice first.

>MCSE Windows 2000

Dime a dozen, .. and not worth more than a dime. DId you ever the
definition of MCS? Must Call Someone Experienced?

>Linux +
>Linux Certified Administrator

See Kara's comments. Haven't seen a good Linux offering yet, but that's the
St. Louis market.

Quite frankly, you're better off looking at the job market first, unless
you think you have enough stamina to go Cisco (it's REALLY heavy duty,
believe me). An MCSE could, thought I hate to say it, get in IN with some
companies, but all are going to require equivalent experience (i.e. an MCSE
is just a piece of paper - it really doesn't mean you can do anything).

         Lee