Re: Mutt automation?

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:04:32AM -0700 or thereabouts, Robert Threet wrote:
> I don't use Mutt, but I know most of you guys do.  I was wondering if
> someone knew how to use Mutt from a script to grab a specific message
> each day (e.g. Subject: Snippet) and grab either the message body or
> an attachment and save it to a file.

Mutt is a MUA Robert, it does nothing except read mail... what you need is
a MDA (mail delivery agent) like procmail or maildrop, (procmail is more
popular),  These have recipes, to do whatever you want, and certainly what
you want can be done easily.  You would need a fetchmail (a program to pop
your mail off your ISP server), which hands it off to procmail, which
filters all incoming mail to various mailboxes, or other criteria you make
in your procmail recipes.

--
Gary

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?