How-to install apt-get

Steve,

Keep in mind that the last time we tried this, one critical
configuration step was apparently left out. As a result, that apt-get
setup severely corrupted RH7.3 on my laptop.

I'd like to try again and install xine using the same "oops-less"
process you did for Bonnie at the last meeting. Could you please post a
step-by-step installation procedure for apt-get, followed by another to
install xine? Things to watch out for would be helpful.

--Doc