Re: samba & WinXPsp1

You're running Netbios to propigate the network. It's an antiquated
protocol and XP doesn't use it (from what I've been told) and it seems
to try to be resolving everything thought DNS. This isn't a good or bad
thing IMHO... just a problem.

I'd recommend looking into the protocols on your XP box and seeing if
you and turn on "Netbios over TCP" and see what happens then.

Just my first thoughts.
tlo

--
Travis Owens <openbook@linuxmds.com>