ACPI Set Up

Ive never actually posted to the list but I have been lurking for a little
while.  I am trying to get RH9 running on a Compaq Presario 725us.
Everything seems to work except for ACPI, does anyone have any experience or
know where I can read up more on this? I know it has to be compiled into the
kernel, but I am still kind of new to Linux, I know howto configure and
compile a kernel(is there any way to find out exactly what modules I need to
load for this laptop?).  After I recompile I can never get the kernel to
boot. Thanks

Matt