Re: problems with making rpm's

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 23:43, Jonathan Drews wrote:
>  It's not the SuSE; it's the way I am generating the patches. I can just
> go ahead and install the src.rpm from nlug; I was just curious about
> making my own patches and spec files.

Jonathan,

I remember someone talking about how SuSE makes their rpms and the FS
layout and how patches are developed on the SuSE-linux-e discuss list on
SuSE's website. I don't remember everything about it, but I know there
are several archives of the list around the web (searchable) and SuSE
keeps an archive on their site too, (I don't think it's searchable) :(

I'm sure if you can't track down the specifics that way, you can just
post the question again on that same list. There are a bunch of people
on the list and in the SuSE community now, that produce their own
patches and submit them into the community. The apt repository for SuSE
has a couple of folders for user-contributions built into it. So, that
should tell you that people are doing it, and I would think you can get
the help there. :)

HTH!
--
Travis
St. Charles LUG

Indifference:
It Takes 43 muscles to Frown and 17 to Smile, But It Doesn't Take Any To
Just Sit There With A Dumb Look On Your Face.