Re: nVidia is OS?

> i trust redhat to have a good knowledge of the working of the linux kernel,
> i cant say the same thing for nvidia (nor ati, nor matrox).

Why? Because they ship a distro? nVidia stands behind their kernel patches
just as much as any of the distro makers stand behind theirs. Please tell me
of your experience with filing kernel or driver bug reports with RH or nVidia.
I can get anecdotes from the respective marketing departments.

And many packages included in the distros are straight off of sourceforge
or the author's site. Does that mean that any joe programmer hacking
on those packages has a "good knowledge" of the kernel?

I can't say I trust your reasoning for placing your trust in RH, as it seems
more based on "pack mentality" and marketing than actual experiences.

Mike808/