Re: Where did you start?

I started using Linux to help familiarize myself with Xenix because
we had a lot of those installations in the field at the time.  I had
a GEnie account and a 1200 baud modem.  GEnie was $3.95/month then
and included 50 free Internet messages a month.  Internet access was
through Lynx and was an extra $6/hour.  I downloaded Linux kernel
0.99 patch 11.  I installed it but could do much with it.  So, I
ordered the disks from a university for $70.  It was still pretty
tough for me and I let it go until they built a Barnes and Noble in
town where I purchased a Slackware book which included Linux kernel
1.2.8.  This was the first usable Linux system I ever had.  I was
able to get online, print, etc...

=====
http://linux.usi.edu:8080/LUG  Web Log
http://linux.usi.edu/rat/  My Page