Re: iptables & incoming smtp

> Any suggestions?

Try Shorewall. http://www.shorewall.net.

He has some *very good* documentation on how to setup proxy arps
(which is what I think you need), as well as DMZs, zones, and FreeSwan/IPsec.

Read the docs. It may help you get to where you want to go.
It may also help you decide that managing the firewall with a bunch of
well-thought-out control files that make it clear and easy to understand
what your policies are is something you want to do - and install Shorewall,
configure, and be done with it.

There's also some nice logging analysis tools too.

I cannot recommend Shorewall and Tom Eastep highly enough for making
firewalls easy to understand and manage.

Mike808/