Re: playing MS Media Player streams

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 10:01, frog@intertek.net wrote:
> Thanks I like to listen to Rush
>
> Steven Pritchard wrote:
> >
> > If you've ever wanted to listen to/watch MS Media Player streams, you
> > might be interested in this:
> >
> >  http://www.xs4all.nl/~rolandm/xs4alldsltv/XS4ALL-DSL-TV-Linux-mini-HOWTO-4.html
> >
> > It assumes you have mplayer installed and configured properly.

As a follow-up to this, if you use Mozilla based browsers, and you go to
"about:plugins" under the HELP menu, you'll see a link to
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/

>From there, you click the Linux x86 link at the top and then move down
to the toy I discovered last night and it works great! MPlayer-Plugin !!

(or you could skip all that junk and go straight here) ;)
http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

Very simple to install, only catch is a good installation of MPlayer. I
had a simple installation and had to reinstall it with a few more
features turned on. (no biggie)

But now, I've got embedded video when I need it! I checked the
"about:plugins" page after I installed it, and presto! a ton of
multimedia settings for this guy! I used it like crazy too, so IMHO it
seems pretty stable.

Have fun with that!

--
Travis