Re: Activating st.o tape driver

> At reboot I was encouraged to see the SCSI host adapter detected properly,
> then dismayed to discover that the /dev/st0 device doesn't work at all.
> The tape drive is not listed in /proc/scsi/scsi, and 'tar tfv /dev/st0'
> barfs with "no such device" -- even after running 'insmod st'
>
> Without this connectivity, all those backup tapes are useless.  Suggestions?

Use the source. Get the kernel sources and recompile the st DAT driver.
You may need to enable some options in the kernel. Maybe the kernel options
are different enough between phoebe and psyche.

If it's a proprietary kernel driver for the DAT, well, contact your vendor
or complain and tell them you are going to buy a DAT with Open Source
drivers so you don't have this problem anymore.

Mike808/