age old distro questions

i've lost my suse disks, i can't bring myself to install red hat on my personal machines (despite using it at work every day), so now i'm looking at alternatives (can't afford to buy another copy of suse ATM), what i want is volume management (lvm, or something like it), the windowmaker desktop with all the nice little wmapps included, rieserfs (or xfs, at worst jfs), support for hauppage tv cards, package management (query files as to which package they came from, dependancy checking ect.), fairly up to date packages, so please tell me the virtues of your distro of choice (please don't exclude bsd's and other unices that run on i386) so i can get over this indecision in selecting distros, no comment from the redhat peanut gallery please ;)

Bob T. Kat