Re: createlinks utility

Quoting "Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net>:

> I wrote it for the new Phoebe beta, but it can be easily changed to
> support any distribution by altering just four variables.

And, uh, I hacked on it to some extent ;)

The one thing that irked me was the absence of console messages as the script
executes.  As a solution, I wrote some kludgy ones in just to give a general
idea of what's happening.

I noticed a pattern with how the for loops were written, so I condensed them
into two loops, one nested inside the other.

I also cut the amount of user-changeable variables in half to reduce the chance
of something breaking.

The name 'createlinks' was kind of vague: what exactly did it link together?  I
changed the name of the script to 'mkrpmln' just to make the meaning a little
more concrete.

And, finally, I added on to the comments at the head of the file, putting a
half-assed changelog and some helpful information there.

If you would really like to see my changes, grab the script from here:

    http://telefrag.ath.cx/~nate/mkrpmln

Feel free to chew me out for any of this, BTW.

--
Nate Reindl, silug.org's very own anarchist
"the US isn't a capitalistic country though.. we're a dictatorship. We're