Re: Mouse setting not 'sticking' between logons - SOLVED!

> > Try editing the /etc/X11/XF86Config file instead. I believe the one you
> > are editing is a sample that can be edited and moved to /etc/X11.
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.eg is the example file of which you speak.
>
> It's a really wise idea to read the XF86Config(5x) man page, though.
There are
> some search paths listed that you might want to take into consideration,
and
> these are all in priorital order: the uppermost path is of highest
priority;
> likewise, this means that your changes to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config
won't be
> seen if there's a file at, say, /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or similar.

I did a locate XF86Config and there are only two on my system - one in X11
and one in X11R6. Changes to the latter propagated to the former upon
logout/login. But they still don't stick.

<played around a bit...>

Someone suggested that the res value of 10 - or even 25 - wasn't a very good
choice. Upon a reread of an old message, that was just an _example_ of how
to put in a good value, not what a good value actually was.

I've set the res to 400 and I can get the mouse to travel across a 19" 10x12
screen in about two inches. I tried setting it to 900 and there doesn't seem
to be any difference, but I'll keep trying.

I'm good to go. Thanks all!

Whil