Re: Mouse setting not 'sticking' between logons

Quoting Stephen D Reindl <sreindl@apci.net>:

> Try editing the /etc/X11/XF86Config file instead. I believe the one you
> are editing is a sample that can be edited and moved to /etc/X11.

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.eg is the example file of which you speak.

It's a really wise idea to read the XF86Config(5x) man page, though.  There are
some search paths listed that you might want to take into consideration, and
these are all in priorital order: the uppermost path is of highest priority;
likewise, this means that your changes to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config won't be
seen if there's a file at, say, /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or similar.

--
Nate Reindl, silug.org's very own anarchist
"the US isn't a capitalistic country though.. we're a dictatorship. We're all