Re: USB network devices

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:00:50 -0600
 Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote:
>I was hoping someone else would give a good answer and save me from
>admitting ignorance.  :-)

Johns answer was pretty good.  I'm going to give it a try, as soon as I get
time...

>There must be some USB network devices that work under Linux...
>That's the TiVo-approved way of adding networking to the series 2 TiVo
>units.

Same with alot of other internet appliances...

>I'm afraid that I don't have a better answer than that (without some
>Googling anyway).

I've tried that several times, to no avail.  I haven't been able to find any
vendor (Linux or Hardware) that positively states "this USB network device is
fully supported under kernel X.XX..."

>Steve

Hmmm.... Well...

William